This week's IB attribute - REFLECTIVE - is our focus.
Reflective “I have much to be thankful for!”
We give thoughtful consideration to our learning and experience. We are able to assess and understand our strengths and limitations in order to support our learning and personal development.
Activities for families:
- Spend some time reviewing your child’s report card with them. They should have the opportunity to look at this document and consider it as well. Discuss it with them and truly consider their thoughts and their strengths and areas for improvement.
- Talk to you child(ren) about the various activities he/she engages in at school - do you know what drives your child, what intrigues your child and motivates learning?
- Model how you reflect on your own experiences - share with your child something about your day, and how it bettered you or challenged you.
There are several great activities happening this week, and a few reminders --
- If you have not already sent in your Great American Spell Check pledge sheet, please make sure it is turned into the homeroom teacher today, as today is the last day of GASC tests. Thank you to any families who were able to support the fund-raising. It is not often that we connect educational activities with ways to raise funds that are direct profit. We look forward to learning who will represent Roxboro Elementary in the Spelling Bee, May 23rd. Pledge money is due May 9th.
- Roxboro Middle School will be performing "Fiddler on the Roof" tomorrow and Friday evenings, April 10 and 11, starting at 7 p.m. both nights. The kids have been working hard and it promises to be a wonderful show! Tickets can be purchased at the door--only $5 for adults and $3 for students. There will also be a bake sale both nights. A flyer is attached.
We appreciate all the ways that you and your family support Roxboro Elementary and the community. Have a wonderful day!