The CHUH District is partnering with the National School Climate Center (NSCC) to complete the Comprehensive School Climate Inventory (CSCI). The dimensions of school climate measured (safety, relationships, teaching & learning, and environment) and the individual survey items are built on several decades’ worth of research on school climate. School climate refers to the subjective experience of being in a school. It exists at the intersection of individual perceptions and the structure of the school environment. Research has confirmed that the way students feel about being in school shapes their learning and development, and school personnel are also better able to do their jobs in a healthy and supportive school climate. The CSCI is designed to be a needs assessment for schools, helping them to evaluate the school’s strengths and weaknesses, and provides a platform on which to build an action plan for improving school climate. By incorporating the perceptions of the entire community, school leaders and their team can create a more effective and accurate plan that addresses core strengths and weaknesses. The survey results are completely anonymous—no names are recorded and no identifying information will ever be attached to specific responses. Results are reported only in terms of the way groups of people have responded. [The report does include information on sub-groups (by race, gender, grade, etc.), but in an effort to maintain anonymity, these results are suppressed or combined for sub-groups with fewer than ten people. Elementary and middle school students, staff and community members will be asked to participate in the survey this year. The high school will participate next year.
Please click on the link below to complete the survey for Roxboro Elementary School.
The survey will be open through the end of the school year.
Roxboro Elementary Parent Survey -
- As you respond to each item, focus on your thoughts and feelings based on your own personal experience with the school, as well as your perceptions of your child's experience as a student.
- There are no right or wrong answers -- this is not a test! We just want to know how you feel. Your responses will provide us with important information to help your child's school become even better.
- All of your responses are completely anonymous. No one from the school will ever see your answers, and no identifying information (such as name, child's name or survey ID) will be recorded with your answers.
- All results will be reported to your school only in terms of how each population responded. Individual responses are never seen by your school and will only be represented as a part of a sub group if there are sufficient responses to protect your anonymity.
- The survey should take you approximately 20 minutes to complete. Please try to respond to all items.
Michael P. Jenkins
Roxboro Elementary, IB World School
Cleveland Heights - University Heights City Schools